Whether you’re in the process of moving or want to create more ample space in your home, self-storage is a viable solution you shouldn’t overlook. Self-storage allows individuals to temporarily store their personal items and/or business items in a separate location away from the home or office. While storing your items in self-storage will cost you money, it can be a huge money saver in the long run. Find out why below.
How Self Storage Can Help Save You Money
There are several benefits to renting a self-storage unit in Ireland, especially because you can dictate the amount of time you need to rent one and at what size you need. This ultimately gives you more control over how much money you’re paying per month. Commonly, there are four different types of self-storage units you can rent from. These include:
Below, are just a few of the most common ways that a self-storage unit can help save you money in the long run:
- It can help cut down on moving expenses. If you’re planning to relocate and hire movers to assist you, you know how quickly the costs can add up. In Ireland, moving services can set you back anywhere between €1,465 and €1,885 depending on the size of your home and the items that have to be disassembled and moved. In comparison, renting a storage unit that’s close to your former home and new one can cost between €125 – €213.42 a month. This can help offset the costs of movers dramatically while also allowing you to move everything into your new home at your own pace.
- It can help you save money on rent. Over time, it’s incredibly easy to accumulate a lot of stuff, but not everything you own is something you’re going to use on a regular basis. Holiday decorations, family heirlooms, and furniture you don’t have room for but aren’t ready to sell can take up a lot of space in your house and can force you to look for a bigger home. This means you’ll be paying a lot more money for a bigger dwelling. Self-storage is an easy and affordable alternative to storing everything that’s not in use until you decide what to do with it.
- It provides an affordable alternative for entrepreneurs or small business owners. Most successful businesses have an office, but that may not always be possible if you’re a startup. In Dublin, for example, a private office space can cost you upward of €900 a month. This doesn’t include the price of the materials you use or what you need to get your business off the ground. As mentioned above, storage units can cost between €125 – €213.42 a month, giving you much more wiggle room to get your business up and running. Furthermore, it can give you the privacy and room you need, without cluttering your home and turning it into a workspace.
- It saves you money by saving you time. Whether you’re moving, having a baby, or renovating your house, you’re likely going to be taking time off work to prepare for those events far before they occur. This is, perhaps, one of the biggest benefits of utilizing self-storage. Instead of having to do twice the amount of work (and taking more time off work) to move items in and out of a room, you can take one day to move everything over to a storage unit and stop worrying about it until you need to go back and collect it. Even though you may not realize it, time is money, and utilizing a self-storage unit is an efficient way to make your preparation process easier and less time-consuming.
Tips to Keep in Mind When Using a Self-Storage Unit
- Take inventory of what you’d like to store before shopping around for a unit. This will help you determine the best size unit for your specific needs and keep costs down.
- Always make sure to lock up your unit when you’re not there.
- If you’re storing items in boxes, always make sure to label them for quick access.
- Store your items in the unit strategically — keep bulky items on the ground, clear a pathway for you to easily walk through and keep items you’re likely to use in the front of the unit and those you don’t toward the back.
- Keep furniture and other items that can get easily damaged covered with a blanket or tarp.
A self-storage unit is a viable option for anyone looking to start their business or store their personal belongings. At Cork Storage Centre, we have three locations: Centre Park Road, Old Mallow Road, and Killumney. Whether you’re looking for a storage unit for the short term or long term, you can turn to us to meet all your needs. Our self-storage units are designed with you in mind; that’s why we offer drive-up storage, affordable monthly prices, and 24/7 access to the facility, so you can store and access your belongings on your schedule, whenever you need them.